Sunday, April 10, 2011

Catch of the Day

Catch Of The DayCatch Of The Day by Kristan Higgins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm not sure how I got on to reading Kristan Higgins' novels, most likely from reading a review on Goodreads or from a friend's blog. No matter how, I'm just so glad I discovered them.

This one might just be my favourite, its just a wonderful story.

I just loved Malone, I don't know what it is a about the strong and silent type that is so appealing but he really tugged on my heart strings and warms me to my toes.

My one complaint (and it wasn't enough of a complaint to take a star away from my rating) is that the end feels rushed and left a few things unresolved. I would have liked another couple of chapters to make us feel that this couple was going to be able to live together and communicate going forward. The author made me want everything to work out for them but I was left with a feeling that I needed to know where Maggie and Malone went from there.

Dare I hope this is because the author plans Book 2 and we will pick up with these characters again? I would love that, but as none of the author's other novels have continued in a series, I'm not holding out much hope. An epilogue could have tied things up nicely for me. I know I can always let my imagination run wild but I would like to know what the author was planning for these two.

Do not let this stop you from buying the book, you will love it. Just a word of warning though....make sure you have a box of tissues handy, you might just shed a tear or two.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I've got quite a few Kristan Higgin's books, not sure I've actually read any though. Maybe I should start with this one lol.
    Loved your review Karen.

    PS not sure I even knew you had a blog until you commented on my post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.