Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day


Well I didn't get to post yesterday, because by the time the day finally ended I was completely and utterly exhausted and just collapsed into bed into some kind of comatose state.
I was woken in the early hours of the morning by son no. 3 insisting that I sleep in his bed with him, and was then woken by T and E playing on the floor with some of their new toys.  They were having a lovely little tea party with the new baby in the pram.  Precious moments, but one that could have been delayed an hour or two so I could get a little more sleep.

Christmas Day was wonderful.  Nanny had spent the night for a sleep over so she could see the kids first thing in the morning, it will be interesting to see if she does the same for next year.  S woke me around the 4am mark and I promptly told him it was too early and to go back to bed.  He emerged again at 5.30am which was a little more respectable, so we all got up, all that is with the exception of E.  J, S and T were all very excited about the delivery made by Santa.  They agreed with my suggestion that we should wait for E to wake before we opened any presents.  As time when on, it seemed like a form of torture for the poor things, so I allowed them to open one, then two, and then maybe a third.

After checking on E a couple of times, the third time I peeked in, she had one eye open half way, gave me a slight grin and then promptly closed her eyes again.  Finally got her up at about 6.45am and then the excitement really began.  It is such a treat to see how excited the kids get about the littlest things.

E opened one present, and was happy to just play with that for a while.  Once she got in a rythym though, she was opening everybody's, including my brother Steve's and he wasn't coming for another couple of hours.

Hubby then cooked us a treat of bacon and egg mcmuffins, which could possibly become a Christmas Day breakfast tradition they were so good.

My brother and his girlfriend arrived not too long after that, then my younger brother and his girlfriend who were staying for lunch.  Steven and Sam were going to her family for lunch.

Fantastically delicious roast lamb and pork for lunch, probably the best roast I have had in a long time, with all the usual roast veges, apple sauce and gravy.  The kids liked the apple sauce.  Then it was time to sit and digest whilst the kids continued to check out their new stuff.  Lots of things to be put together.

We have found a new spot for our outdoor table under one of the big trees down toward the bottom of our block, which is my new favourite place to be.  My younger brother gave us an umbrella for our outdoor table which is really nice.  So we sat down there with a cuppa and a piece of mum's very delish Christmas cake.

The kids spent the afternoon racing around with some new remote control cars.

Dinner was just left over lunch, which the kids seemed to eat more at dinner time than they did at lunch time.

We all sat down and watched the Santa Clause 3 movie, we have watched all three this week now.  We were going to watch no. 3 on Christmas Eve but it got too late.

Mum didn't stay for another night, I think she was too desperate for a sleep in this morning.

And that was our Christmas Day.  I don't think it could have gotten any better.  It would have been nice if Steve and Sam were here for lunch, but otherwise a pretty perfect day.

Likewise today has been a fairly cruisy day.  Mum wanted me to take her to Palmwoods to see her dear friend, so we did that this morning.  I took T and E with me.  We weren't gone long.  I got to cuddle my friends 5 week old baby and get all gooey eyed.  I just adore tiny babies, which wish I could cuddle my own again at that age.

The kids have been very happy today to play with their new things, and to hang about in their new cubby house.

My desire today was for an afternoon nap or an early night, both of which have passed me by.  Oh well maybe tomorrow.  Although I have now realised that tomorrow is Saturday and my husband will be off to golf, so no sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.