Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Christmas Celebrations


Another good day in this time of celebration.  A trip to Brisbane to have lunch with DH's side of the family.  Lunch with SIL, Michelle and her partner Chris.  Also there was MIL, Maureen and her husband Brandy.  Michelle and Chris have bought a new place at Bulimba and it was the first time that we have seen it.  It is also the first time that we have seen the both of them since they got engaged.  Absolutely beautiful engagement ring ... and the house was pretty nice too.
It was a bit like Christmas morning again, with the exchanging of presents.  We got some fantastic things.  Geoff and I got a new Scanpan which was just fabulous, now I can chu
ck our pan that is getting a bit dodgy.  Michelle gave me 3 new Pandora charms for my bracelet, which was pretty special.  Geoff got some new work shorts.  The kids got some cool Little Tykes toys and some lego.
Michelle and Chris gave E some new Country Road clothes, which are just my favourite.  I was in Country Road a week ago, eyeing off the gorgeous stuff, but restrained myself because our budget just doesn't allow for it these days.  Maureen and Brandy gave E a sweet little fairy costume that she was running around in this afternoon.
The kids behaviour I was not too happy with at all.  It is like they have forgotten to behave when visiting someone else's house.  Possibly because we don't get invited out a lot, so they don't get to experience it much.  I spoke to them when we
 got home and were sitting having dinner, and we had a good talk about it.
Problem is you don't get invited back after your kids have misbehaved because people tend to think they are like that all the time.
I find it a little stressful.
Trip home was quiet because we put a movie on for the kids, and E slept.
Both G and I are really tired tonight so it is an early night for the two of us, and up again in the morning in my bed to get the house organised.
The wall I painted yesterday looks really nice. 

BEFORE ...


AFTER ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.