Monday, July 20, 2009

Thinking About Blogging

You know I often think about blogging in my daily life.  Every day I look at the blogs that I subscribe to and really enjoy going through them and seeing what is going on in other people's lives.  Mostly I subscribe to scrapbooking blogs.  There is one I love looking at because she makes gorgeous cards.  
I think about things I can write on my blog, things that may be of interest to others.  However, by the time I finally get to sit and night, I either can't really remember what it was I was thinking of posting, or I can't think of something interesting.
Terrible I know.
My day to day life just seems so busy.  Not with anything of particular interest.  The usual, getting the kids ready for school, cleaning, tidying, washing, ironing, preparing meals, and then tidying etc all over again.
I constantly think of the things I would like to do when I get time...I just never seem to get the time.
I have enjoyed reading in recent times.  I particularly loved the Twilight sage, so much so that I actually read the books twice.
Then I read the Charlaine Harris series about Sookie Stackhouse which I enjoyed.  I am enjoying even more the tv series based on the books, True Blood.  At bed time I sometimes take my Macbook to bed and watch an episode.  
I have just started a series of Nora Roberts books, they are set in Ireland, I haven't read too much but so far I am enjoying them.
I have quite a stockpile of books ready to read.  I love to read.  I really enjoy reading Alaine and Sheree's blogs with their fabulous book reviews.  A few of my purchases have been based on their recommendations.
I have some knitting that I have started that is taking way too long.  If I had audio books I would be able to listen and knit at the same time.  They are expensive though and my husband has strong views about pirating illegal copies of things like that.
The only other thing I do in my spare time is play on my Macbook, I love it and still am very excited by the fact that I have my very own.  I can put it on the kitchen bench when I am cooking dinner, and sometimes it is the only way I have to communicate with my friends.  There is no time to pick up the phone for a leisurely chat.  Usually when I attempt this it sends off some kind of radar to my kids and they will instantly be at my feet with all sorts of requests and noise.
I keep a handwritten journal beside my bed and I can't think of the last time I took the time to write something.
So whilst I have good intentions of keeping an updated blog, it seems to fall behind.
I will try and be more committed and spend time each week trying to put into words what is going on in our life.

1 comment:

  1. Even writing about thinking about blogging, is better than not blogging at all. It was a lovely surprise to see two posts..... Keep it up. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.