Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Another year has passed, and a new one beginning.

My hopes for 2009 are the same as always, good health and happiness for my loved ones, keep them all safe and protected.  In addition, for myself, I would like less stress and to be more organised.

For this reason, and after watching a little of Oprah yesterday, I started the day tidying, sorting through boxes and throwing out trivial and unwanted, not needed stuff.  Also I wanted a reason to stay inside in the aircon.  Our aircon is very unpredictable.  The day started as an absolute scorcher and it was Geoff's idea that we just had a really cruisy day inside.  Also, we didn't get to bed until almost 2am, at which time Emma woke up.  So there was little sleep for last night.

We had a good New Year's Eve, with our good friends Heather and Merv coming, also my mother came which I was pleased about.  I did not want her seeing the New Year in on her own, and my brother Steven and his girlfriend Sam were spending the night with my other brother and his partner Amanda.

We had some yummy roasts cooked on the bbq and Merv's you beaut gravy.  I made a potato bake and Heather brought a noodle salad, which  Thomas really liked.  I made cheesecake for dessert and jellies for the kids.

We put the kids in front of a movie before bed, and the adults had a Wii tournament, which was full of lots of laughs, particularly as more wine was consumed.

I managed to win the first bowling tournament which was hilarious, as I am prone to the odd gutter ball.  We had most laughs trying out some of the challenges on Wii Fit.  None of us were impressed at all with our Wii Fit Ages, mine being 60!!!!  That should prompt me to try and get fit in 2009.  

Now I can focus my attentions on Mum's birthday on Sunday.  I haven't thought about it much today at all, because part of getting organised for it is making sure my house is a bit tidy on Sunday.  

Tomorrow I will work out my plan for the day.  I will possible go to Woolworths on Saturday afternoon, because I can't buy the salads too early.  I have ordered the birthday cake, and might just make another dessert myself, I have some simple and easy ones.  I could even just make the kids some jelly.  They like that on a hot day.  I have ordered one cold meat platter and will get some chickens.  I have ordered the bread rolls as well.  I will just make a green salad and Heather offered to make her noodle salad for me which is great.

I will do the nibbles myself too, far cheaper.

I am just hoping the day isn't as hot as it was today, with no breeze our house is a hot house and the aircon won't do the whole house.  I don't really want 20 people in my bedroom!!!

I will sign off with the best of intentions for 2009 to keep my blog updated, and more regular with email communications.

Happy 2009!

1 comment:

  1. wow, you've been a diligent little blogger. So nice to see you taking photos and updating. Love the new wall it looks fabulous. Did you have that picture tucked away ready to match with the new paint colour. It looks great. I'm impressed with your usage of all the internet acronyms, you've done great girl. Happy New Year, and I wish that your resolution of less stress comes to fruition for both of us. Would be nice....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.