Sunday, April 11, 2010

Almost there....

You know some weeks, I just don't know how I manage to get to the end of it in one piece. Its school holidays, which in some ways are better, because the early morning rush is out of the way and there are no school pick ups to do, but in other ways more exhausting than if the kids were at school, because I have to keep them occupied and play referee all day long (well that's how it feels anyway).
Dear husband has been in Townsville for most of this week. Once again there are good things that come from that, because I have to be ULTRA organised and usually am more so because all I think about getting to is managing to get all the kids in bed so I can have a little peace and quiet. And when he's not here, I have control over the tv when the kids are all snoring in their beds!
Even though I would say I pretty much do it all on my own any way every other week of the year, because he works such long hours and isn't here for the 'rush hours' as it is, its still nice when he comes home each night. I would no way swap having an over-worked husband to being a single mother.
So finally Sunday morning of this week we were back together with all 6 of us under the same roof.
I felt a little bit more secure.
The day was filled with getting my house in to some kind of order again....and Geoff spending time getting our yard into some kind of order again. But we were all once again within shouting distance of each other.
The kids played happily outside most of the day with fewer arguments.
I look forward to a pupil free day tomorrow, but I think I will be a little more relieved when school starts again on Tuesday. Am sure I will manage to find some time on Tuesday that I can sit and enjoy a nice hot cup of tea, something I haven't managed to achieve any time in the last 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.