Sunday, May 10, 2009

Awesome Mother's Day

Well I was completely blown away and surprised with my Mother's Day today.
After my husband warning me in the day's leading up to Mother's Day that I wouldn't be getting a Macbook as a gift, he blew me out of the water this morning by giving me my very own Macbook.  I was overwhelmed with emotion and so excited.  I was also feeling a little guilty because I know that it is a real stretch for our current financial situation, and really a luxury for me, because it isn't like I need it for work or anything like that, it is purely for my own pleasure.
The kids had also made me some lovely cards, T had painted me a lovely canvas at kindy, it was a painting of a bouncy blue ball.  S had given me a really nice laminated fridge magnet that was a picture of himself, and had a message on the back of all the things he loved about me.
So here I am tucked under my covers in bed, tapping away...no excuse for not blogging more that's for sure.
All I wanted to do today was stay at home and play.  So did Geoff, I can tell he is just as excited by this as I am.  He is wondering if he needs to convince his work partners that he should update his laptop to a Macbook Pro.  He is very savvy on the computer, so I am sure he could make it work.
We went out around midday.  I just had to duck down to the Plaza to change a puzzle I had bought for my brother's girlfriend for her birthday.  
T wasn't fantastic today and had a couple of vomits, not really sure why.  I wasn't sure whether or not to go to Mum's for dinner, she assured me that we should and it would be alright.  Hopefully they don't all wake up with tummy aches this week, otherwise they will be cursing me.
We seem to have some nice family get togethers these days.  I often wish my father was here to join us, but am also reminded that if he was here, we probably wouldn't have them.
S had a party to go to at Aussie World, T was supposed to go too but I wouldn't let him just in case he does have some virus.  It was pretty good.  I went on the dodgems with him a couple of times.
I am going to have a busy day tomorrow, because I didn't get anything done today.  I still have a few things I need to wash that T was sick over.  I need to get some groceries because I have no bread and no fruit.  I want to fit in my walk, plus make some dinner during the day because two of the boys have swimming lessons after school.
I am trying these days to keep my stress levels at a minimum and just take one thing at a time.  I feel I get really stressed when I am worrying about all the things I need to do.
As Mother's Days go, this one tops them I think.
Better log off, because Geoff wants to have a little play with my new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.