Monday, January 19, 2009

Farewell No. 2

I am a bit behind in posting on my blog.  I think because I have just been quite exhausted after the events of the last month.

Last Thursday we travelled to the airport in Brisbane to say farewell to my Uncle Trevor and Aunty Angela, and their two granddaughters Hannah and Georgia as they were heading to Perth to meet up with Mark and Sarah.  The kids were really excited about going to the airport.  I drove down on my own with the four kids, as we didn't all fit into one car.  I was all a bit hairy really the driving, particularly on the way back.  There are so much roadworks and cars and trucks travelling at varying speeds and all trying to outdo each other.  I was blessed to arrive home without a scratch.  The trip back was very quiet as it was just J and I, he is just like his father, barely a word spoken!!!  The other three opted to come back with their Nanny.

It was really sad to say goodbye, it always is, as you never know if and when we will see them again.  Mum is talking about taking a trip to the UK later in the year to see her sister for her 70th birthday.  Geoff and I won't be able to afford it, the airfares alone would be expensive.  Mum's brother seemed quite emotional about leaving my Mum.  Mum just goes very quiet when she is sad.

We briefly called into the DFO on the way back.  I managed to score a bargain for E, 3 pairs of winter pj's that are really cute, reduced from$24.95 to $5.00 each.  It was only when I got home that I discovered I had purchased the wrong size, and they will fit her by the time she starts school ... what a twit!!!!  I might try and organise a trip down one Sunday just to have a look around.  It is the kind of place you need all day, and no children in tow.  I think there are bargains to be found, but you have to look through lots of crap.

Nothing much else has been happening for us.  I think we are all quite exhausted.  I put myself to bed at about 2pm on Saturday, because I just didn't feel too well at all, and I think I was just extremely tired.  I woke up at about 5.30 and felt a little better.  We were supposed to go to a friend's 40th but cancelled at the last minute because I just didn't feel up for it.  I was disappointed that we couldn't go, but felt better for the early night.

Now I can't believe we only have a week left of school holidays and then the kids are back at school.  I collected the boys' books from school.  My year 3 boy this year has to be more responsible for his own belongings so they have sent the books home for everything to be labelled.  I believe he has his own desk this year for the first time.  It is all very exciting.  There was a recorder in his pack, so I am sure that is going to be very entertaining listening!

Tomorrow I need to go and get some laundry markers so I can label all of his new uniform.  This is his first year of wearing the formal uniform.  When I put it on for us and gave us a parade, he looked like he could almost head out and get his drivers'  licence.  He looks so much older and I just can't believe how quickly he is growing.

Well its getting late and I need to get some sleep.  I have been watching tv until quite late.  There are a few shows I am really into at the moment, my latest being Entourage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.