Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday

Today was my baby girl's 2nd Birthday.  She seemed quite excited about the whole thing.  She got very excited opening presents this morning and very quickly ripped the wrapping paper to shreds.
This morning was our usual tennis lessons for J and S, and T had a swimming lesson.  E went quite shy when someone wished her a happy birthday.  
Today was a stinking hot humid day, not the ideal conditions to have the 
oven on and be baking cakes.
It was a very busy morning this morning, with the baking going on, cleaning up spills as I had two kids under my feet in the kitchen, various deliveries including birthday present for E and a new mobile phone for me.
I really did just wing it when it came to the cake, which I will post a photo of.  I was pretty happy with the end result.
It looked nothing like what I had initially intended it to look like, but in the end might have been better.
T spent the morning licking various beaters, bowls and spatulas.
My brother and his gf, and new baby girl called in to assist with the completion of putting together one of E's birthday presents.  I got to the last step and just couldn't get the bits to fit in.  One hefty thump from my brother and it was done.
The kids have had fun playing with the new toy kitchen sink.
It is amazing the games that they come up with.
We had a nice family dinner together, nothing exciting sausages, gravy and veg.  E took about two mouthfuls, her usual.
She had a good go at the cake though.
Now I am stuffed and can't wait to get in the shower and into bed.
It was funny how the heat today reminded me of the day that my little girl was born.  It was an awfully hot and humid day that day, and I remember picking the boys up from kindy/school and just being revoltingly hot and bothered and with another week or so to go until my due date, I thought that I just couldn't do it anymore.
Thankfully that night, E decided to do me a favour and be born ... and in a hurry too.
She is such a sweet, lovely and cheeky girl.  I love her to bits.
Happy 2nd Birthday my darling little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.