Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Night at the Footy

A usual Saturday, a way too early start after a way too late Friday night out.  Geoff off to golf, so the kids and I have a very casual Saturday at home.  T didn't even get out of his pyjamas until lunch time.  The kids was a bit of tv, fossick around outside for a bit, I did four loads of washing, a bit of tidying.  My aim was to make my kitchen spotless, which takes a bit of time.
When Geoff got home we decided to head out to get a couple of things we needed.  J needed a golf glove,  some new footy boots and some head gear.  Both boys needed mouth guards.  We headed off to A-Mart.  We got the boots and the glove.  Still not sure on the type of head gear and they had a woeful range of mouth guards.  When we first started rugby my health insurance would pay for one mouth guard per year, so I will ring them on Monday and investigate whether the boys can get proper ones through the dentist.  I will ask around at school about the head gear.
When I went to pay for the boots and glove, the store's eftpos wasn't working.  I said to the guy I would go down to Kawana shops and get some cash and be back.
Whilst in the store we did see a Fire and Safety ute drive over down the road followed by a Police car with its lights and sirens on, but didn't hear any more commotion than that.
The traffic was a little heavy on Nicklin Way, but that's pretty usual.  As we approached the shops, at the main traffic light intersection a four wheel drive and a motorcycle had collided and sadly the motorcyclist had been killed.  The firetruck was shielding off the cyclist and their bike and they were covered with tarps.
My heart just sank to think of that poor soul underneath that tarp and the news that awaited their family.  I felt for the person that was driving the Landcruiser, as surely that has now changed their life forever, regardless of whether or not it was their fault.
I would say we were then stuck in traffic for nearly an hour by the time we got to the shop and then had to get back past the accident to A-Mart to collect our things.
Tonight I am thankfully all of my children are sleeping peacefully in their beds, and my husband snoring his head off.
Geoff and I went to the football tonight, as his firm was one of the sponsors for the local Sea Eagles team.  Early game was Balmain Tigers vs. the local Eagles team, which held interest for Geoff.  The Broncos vs. Storm match held no real interest as neither are a favourite team of mine.
But it was nice to be out, eat nice food.  Next year I would like to take the boys because I think they would really enjoy it.  I would be all for a new stadium being built, as I would love to take my boys to regular footy games, but don't enjoy the experience of heading to Suncorp Stadium.  I was not impressed by the port-a-loo set up tonight, but it wasn't too bad.  Would have been better if they were designated boys/girls as boys with a few beers tend to miss!
I've had a nice hot shower and am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.