Monday, February 16, 2009

Sweet Little Girl

I just couldn't help myself, I had to post some photos of my new niece, who now has a name Shanti Lee Lanham.  She is so sweet and so content.  My brother and his girlfriend sure got the formula right.  She feeds and sleeps.  We did hear a little cry, but if that's as loud as she gets, they are in for a cruisy time.  I hope that everything goes well for all three of them, they seem a very happy family.  
Whenever I see a new little baby something inside of me switches on and I have this overwhelming desire to have another one.  Although I have recently started to think that it isn't a desire to have another baby, but the desire to go back and re-live those early years with my children again.  At the time everything goes so quickly and there didn't seem to be time to just sit back and enjoy all those little moments.  Life is so busy...I just wish it would slow down a little.  My brother this morning said that he hadn't really taken any video footage of his new daughter.  I told him to make sure he does, because one day he will sit down and be able to take himself back to those early days, because sadly we do forget.  It is a fabulous thing to have video footage, to be able to sit down and reminisce.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Hun, I went in and changed a setting, and now I can leave comments again. It was bugging me that something wasn't quite right. Geoff's photos of your lovely niece are just gorgeous, but your cropping made a good photo, much much better. I especially love the third one, where all you see are Shanti and the lovely bean bag. Anne Geddes eat your heart out. Your Saturday night dinner, sounds delicious. I love sharing recipes and stuff with you. It's a passion of mine, and something I really enjoy sharing with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.