Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Space

I have really enjoyed checking out other scrappers creative work spaces when floating around on various blogs.  Some of them are indeed very impressive.  It has taken me a year to get it under control but I think I have a pretty good space too.  I took a photo of it this morning because it is very tidy at the moment, it has taken me awhile to de-clutter, and it doesn't last long so I thought I had better take the opportunity for a photo whilst I could.
So here it is......

Nothing flash.  Geoff moved offices a couple of years ago now and I took the opportunity to grab the old receptionists desk.  It had been in storage for awhile but came up quite nicely after a clean up.  Geoff only just a week or two ago added the return you can see on.  We were unsure whether it would clog up the doorway too much, but it fits nicely.  And its good because it also comes with three extra drawers which my daughter loves to empty out.  My plan is to put my sewing machine on the return so that it is accessible for me to use for mending ... and for scrapping.  At present it is where I stack up all the kindy stuff I need to do.
You can see my two Chatterbox totes, which I just love.  A friend that came through my house recently commented on my luggage and how nice they looked.  I don't think she realised they were for my scrapping stuff, and that they were just my luggage.
The green drawers I got from crazy clarks and they hide a multitude of things, eg. receipts, scissors, pens, stamps I keep for Mum, some ink pads, buttons, photo cds the kids bring home from school ... all sorts of goodies.  It was always my intention to get some more to go the full length of the desk, but I need some space for other things too.
Now you will notice the West Tigers Premiership signed and framed jersey.  This does not belong to me.  It is one of my husband's prized possessions, I am sure one of the first things he would grab in a fire, and I have the pleasure of looking upon it.  Also there are framed photos of his grandfather's West Tigers club photo that he presented to Geoff a couple of years before he passed away.  Very treasured possessions.  I had them framed for Geoff one year for Valentine's Day.
These are some little teacups a friend gave me for Emma that I think are really cute.  She broke the teapot in the set so she didn't want it anymore.  Its pottery so I haven't given it to Emma to play with ... or the rest would get broken, but I think they are really sweet.  The red flower was one I bought to wear to the Daniel Morcombe ball so I had something red.  Also there the childrens' hand and foot prints that we did when they were each 4 weeks old.
Just a few more of my favourite things, my ipod puppy the kids bought for me a few Christmasses ago, the styrofoam Santa my son made in Prep last year, cross stitch my mother made for me.  Notice the blue and gold, two small glitters I bought from Daisys on Friday night.  I noticed them when I was leaving and I just love the colours.  As well as having a stamp addiction at the moment, I am quite partial to glitter.  Much to Geoff's disgust as it tends to end up in his new car on a Friday night.
Just to prove to you that generally my house is messy and disorganised, this is just a small corner of my bedroom, a rocking chair piled high with mending, stained washing that needs attention, outgrown clothes and all sorts of other things, that one day I will get to.

It is so nice to have this lovely organised area for me to be creative and scrap ... all I need now is the time to sit and scrap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.